- The Party cannot make you happy.
- It can boost the economy;
- It can increase your income;
- It can provide you with lots of commodities,
- But it cannot give you human rights and democracy.
- You have to pursue happiness yourselves.
- Strive for human rights and democracy, buddy!
by Chan Kai Yee
Yesterday, Guangdong Party boss Wang Yang said at Guangdong Party congress, “We should eradicate the wrong concept that happiness is a benevolent gift from the party and the government.”
For the first time an enlightened Party official deviated from the Party’s years of propaganda that has urged citizens to view the party as a benefactor and provider of happiness. Perhaps he knows that the Party cannot make you happy as it fails to give you human rights and democracy.
For the report on his speech, please refer to my post “SCMP.com – Wang Yang says the party can’t make you happy”.
- Wang Yang wouldn’t admit it, of course, but he may be the future face of China (smh.com.au)
- Senior Party Official Goes Against Propaganda Line (theepochtimes.com)
- Migrants at work, tourists at home in China (chinadailymail.com)