Chinese media says that looking back at the year 2012, China put a sudden end to its prolonged old practice of hiding its lustre, maintaining a dull image and keeping a low profile with regard to it military strength. China began to make frequent displays of its strength through busy patrol of its territorial waters, frequent military drills and revelation of its sophisticated weapons.
Obviously, China now tries to make the US and Japan understand increasingly well that China has become rich and strong now, that it is no longer a weak country as it was during the Qing Dynasty and that there will not be an easy end if anyone fights a war with it.
China’s intensive displays of its military force aim at giving a clear signal that China’s sophisticated weapons are not inferior to the United States. According to a US Defence Department official’s comment, there have often been surprising innovations in China’s development of the military equipment with the most advanced technology.
There are the following four weapons that frighten the US and Japan, especially China’s leading position in the development of quantum dot laser:
1. China has successfully launched its HongQi 9 anti-aircraft missiles. It is said that that missile system is derived from S-300 and S-4005 anti-aircraft systems, but has incorporated the technology of the most advanced Patriot system of the US. It surpasses S-300, S-4005 and Patriot systems and has caught up with the newest generation of technology used in S-400 and Hawk missiles. It is able to fire two kinds of missiles: 1. the anti-aircraft missile with the world’s longest range of 350 km; and 2. the low-altitude missile able to destroy super-low target 5 meters high. It can thus provide low-, medium- and high-altitude defence at close, medium and long range. During a drill, it not only downed cruise missiles and stealth aircraft 100 km away but destroyed a guided missile at super high speed.
3. Julang-2 missile for its nuclear submarine with a range of several thousand km and can be launched in water.
4. China is now world leader in the theoretical research in quantum dot laser. If China has succeeded in developing the laser weapon, it can use the laser to destroy an attack missile 30,000 km away.Sources: mil.huanqiu.com, military.china.com
- New Cold War: Russia, China To Coodinate Response Against U.S. Global Missile Shield (21stcenturywire.com)
- Russia, China plan to boost cooperation on missile defense (indrus.in)
- Why China’s Tu-22 bombers would represent a serious threat to U.S. Navy aircraft carriers (theaviationist.com)
- Pentagon must investigate China’s “underground Great Wall” nuclear arsenal (chinadailymail.com)