When the Englishman entered the stadium, seven people were trampled.
Beckham is a recently retired footballer who flew to China to promote the game for a week, at the request of the local league.
According to Chinese media, the stadium was in panic when the Englishman walked through the gate.
When the car he was in was mobbed, seven people were injured.
Four of them are police officers and security guards, one is a foreign student.
The meeting with the students was then cancelled.Source: Pilka Nozna – Panika na widok Beckhama. Siedmiu stratowanych (translated from Polish by Piotr Chodak)
- David Beckham Stampede Leaves Seven Injured (news.sky.com)
- Beckham mania causes stampede at Shanghai University (247tops.wordpress.com)
- PHOTOS: Fans injured in stampede as David Beckham arrives Shanghai University (joshijoshiblog.com)
- Seven Hurt in Stampede When David Beckham Visits China (nbcmiami.com)
- David Beckham Sends Well Wishes to Those Injured at His China Event (justjared.com)
- David Beckham’s Appearance in China Leads to Stampede, Seven Injured During Chaotic Event (nesn.com)
- Seven Hurt in Stampede When David Beckham Visits China (nbcnewyork.com)
- David Beckham China visit causes a stir (wjla.com)
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai (metronews.ca)
- Seven hurt in stampede to see Beckham (news.com.au)
- The true spirit of the Olympics and China’s approach (chinadailymail.com)