The unit relied on its missile command information system to merge into one exercise the training of its command platform, missile weapons and insurance equipment and technology.
They carried out a comprehensive drill computer simulation, with integration of mobile battle elements, combination of battle units and merger of battle systems.
At the site of the drill, the mobile command cabin laid silently under cover of modern stealth technology in the desert.
Through various monitors, the commander had full views of the situation on the entire battlefield, while combat and communications staff stayed put in their combat positions.
There were waves of sounds from their keyboards.
In the past, the missiles stayed stationary in deep mountains, with difficulty of manoeuvre. Launching depends on weather, while manoeuvres depend on topography.
Over the past few years, along with the commissioning of an amount of information technology equipment, the unit has travelled many times to all places to the south and north of the Yangtze including deep mountains and forest and vast desert.
The integration between people and new-type missiles has been continuously enhanced, and nearly one hundred training achievements have been obtained.
This drilling was carried out focusing closely on the themes of the systems, conducting battle in the very cold weather of Gobi Desert. It involved integrated training of a combination of new equipment under complicated electromagnetic environment and fighting while defending itself under heavy enemy fire.
Throughout the training of operation in real war, there was the atmosphere of real war.
The officers and soldiers had to create new movements, overcome dangers and resolve difficulties under various complicated circumstances.Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Second Artillery Corps’ DF-21C missile troops showed their strength in desert” (translated from Chinese by Chan Kai Yee)
- China copies Russian anti-missile radar defence system (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s J-20 stealth fighter: Finalisation test flight and interior weapon cabin (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese spaceship blasts off from Gobi Desert (lightyears.blogs.cnn.com)
- Chinese spaceship blasts off from Gobi Desert (wdsu.com)
- Gobi (tictoctravel.wordpress.com)
- Miners threaten the fossil-rich Gobi (ubpost.mongolnews.mn)
- Camels, Dunes, and Mare’s Milk in the Gobi (ronmitchelladventure.wordpress.com)
- Running Across the Gobi Desert, the Hardest Way Possible (tkmorin.wordpress.com)