The following is based on a translation from Chinese media:
However, the four projects, especially the establishment of a joint base on the moon do indicate the exceptional close ties between countries in the world.
The main project for consideration is a space base on the moon. As Japan and USA are also planning this, it is reasonable to think that this project is aimed at countering those two countries.
The other projects under consideration are: the joint development of the M-26 helicopter;the transaction of the S-400 missile system; and the joint development of a large airliner.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Russian media lists four top projects between China and Russia: Probable establishment of space base on the moon” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Massive spending won’t make China’s Asia dream come true; money can’t buy respect (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims diplomatic victories in easing tensions with India and Japan (chinadailymail.com)
- U.S. wary of possible China island fortresses in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Japanese investment in Southeast Asia surged last year to almost three times amount invested in China (chinadailymail.com)
- Japan and Philippines move to stengthen military ties in maritime disputes with China (chinadailymail.com)
- China, Russia to Set Up Joint Space Base on the Moon (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Japan mulls 2018 moon landing, seeks to keep up with rivals (dailymail.co.uk)
- Space duo: Russia invites China to create joint lunar station (theunhivedmind.com)
- China’s Yutu rover reveals Moon’s “complex” geological history (spacedaily.com)
- Chinese Moon Probe Performs Sample-Return Tech Test in Lunar Orbit (space.com)