The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media. As the report is in Chinese media, it can be regarded as an official statement from the ruling Communist Party:
According to Prof. Zheng, one of the major sources of the threat is American China experts’ rhetoric that describes China as an evil threat and urges US government to adopt a hardline attitude to contain China.
According to Prof. Zheng, US-China relations are not merely business, trade or other economic relations but vital relations concerning world peace or war.
That is why Xi attaches top importance to the relations and has been making every effort to improve them.
The report says that the US wants to maintain its position as world leader but its influence is declining.
China does not pursue world leadership but its rise as the greatest economic power will make others regard it as world leader.
The report concludes that, as a result, the conflict between the US and China with respect to world leadership remains a possibility.
Global Times report: “Expert: the US is China’s only deadly threat: Lots of people speak evil of China” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s young military leaders are destroying China (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Maoist revival seeks to eliminate all western thought (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Xi Jinping purging select corrupt officials to put own men in place (chinadailymail.com)
- New China urges increased hostility towards the west (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s annoying habit of insulting western leaders (chinadailymail.com)
- The State of US-China Relations (dailyreckoning.com)
- U.S. concerned over China’s new artificial islands (cbsnews.com)
- Govt. courting China for agri assistance (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Japan PM Abe studies possible China visit in September: Asahi (channelnewsasia.com)
- China should not expect to oust US from global order: scholar (wantchinatimes.com)