The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
It was reported that a large number of these missiles have been deployed in these regions, to both the 39th and 65th group armies.
The HQ-16 is a new medium-low altitude medium-range ground-to-air missile jointly developed by China and Russia.
It can effectively hit targets within the height between 100 and 20,000 meters and each missile can hit with 90% accuracy.
Its response time is between 6 and 8 seconds and a missile company can attack 8 targets at the same time.
Source: news.sina.com.cn “Beijing, Shenyang Military Regions deploy lots of HQ-16, including both 39th and 65th group armies” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China making preparations to counter US nuclear attack (chinadailymail.com)
- The Iran scam worsens: the North Korea – China connection (chinadailymail.com)
- China preparing for drone warfare (chinadailymail.com)
- Japan to launch unarmed practice missile towards North Korea (craighill.net)
- How to deal with Chinese assertiveness: it’s time to impose costs (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Xi inspects military base near N. Korea (koreaherald.com)
- China’s Xi visits sensitive North Korean border area (channelnewsasia.com)
- China’s Xi visits sensitive North Korean border area (dailymail.co.uk)
- President Xi Urges Military to Maintain ‘Glorious Traditions’ of Red Army (chinatopix.com)
- North Korea Prepares Missiles to Fire (guardianlv.com)