The following is based on a translation of a report on a Chinese news site:
A report on Chinese news site 163.com says that China has mastered the technology of soft Coupling and other vibration reduction technology (raft anti-vibration technology) for its nuclear submarines.
The use of 7-blade propellers in most Chinese submarines has further reduced the noise level.
China is developing pump-jet propulsion technology and will use it in its new Type 09-V nuclear submarines to make its noise as low as the US Virginia-class submarines.
This will overcome the problem where Chinese submarines were easily detected by Japanese self-defence forces, so that China cannot be so easily detected.
Translation of the terms in the chart:
第一代 first generation
第二代 second generation
第三代 third generation
第四代 fourth generation
攻击型核潜艇 attack nuclear submarine
战略核潜艇 strategic nuclear submarine
According to the chart:
China’s 1st generation nuke sub sinks 300 meters deep with 160 decibels of noise
China’s 2nd generation nuke sub sinks 350 meters deep with 140 decibels of noise
China’s 3rd generation nuke sub sinks 400 meters deep with 120-130 decibels of noise
China’s 4th generation nuke sub sinks 400 meters deep with 110 decibels of noise
Source: war.163.com “PLA submarine was closely chased by Japan due to too high noise level” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China claims successful development of 4th generation nuclear submarine (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it’s massive navy buildup is world’s biggest (chinadailymail.com)
- China has built twelve new AIP submarines, while Japan has built only five (chinadailymail.com)
- China develops revolutionary submarine with high speed of 100 knots (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims three strategic nuclear submarines berthed in Hainan are superior to current submarines (chinadailymail.com)
- China Far Ahead of India in Submarine Race (marinelink.com)
- Leaked Report Reveals China Is Building New Aircraft Carrier (nworeport.me)
- India To Receive A Yet Another Nuclear Submarine (gatewayhouse.in)
- China’s submarine force four times that of India and growing (msn.com)
- Why China Will Base an Aircraft Carrier Near the South China Sea (thetruthseeker.co.uk)