The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
As JH-7 can carry a heavy load, it is precisely the right warplane to carry such equipment.
Te report says that the JH-7 has a similar combat radius and speed to the J-10 and the J-11.
Some JH-7s and J-10s or J-11s can form a comprehensive combat group with JH-7 electronic fighters providing electronic interference.
That will enable J-10s or J-11s to avoid being attacked by stealth fighters.
In addition, due to the JH-7’s large loading capacity, The JH-7 can carry, in addition to the heavy electronic equipment, some anti-radiation and medium-range air-to-air missiles to shoot down stealth fighters it has detects.
Moreover, a JH-7 electronic fighter/bomber will to some extent be stealthy.
Through various modifications, a new variant JH-7B has been developed to be stealthy.
The new JH-7B is expected to be put into series production this year.
Source: mil.news.sina.com.cn “In-depth Military Information: JH-7 electronic fighter becomes our troops’ sharp weapon able to shoot down stealth aircraft at medium range” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s J-20 stealth fighter jet has new stealth coating (chinadailymail.com)
- Russia may help China develop VTOL J-31 stealth fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s J-20 stealth fighter: Finalisation test flight and interior weapon cabin (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it is able to track and kill US stealth aircraft (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese military’s unlimited budget (chinadailymail.com)
- J-20 stealth fighter to begin service with PLA in 2017: Kanwa (wantchinatimes.com)
- China Conducts Air, Sea Drills in South China Sea (onenewspage.us)
- China’s PLA launches massive war games in South China Sea (spacewar.com)
- China Conducts Air, Sea Drills in S. China Sea (voanews.com)
- Chinese military stage live-fire exercises (dailymail.co.uk)