The following is based on a translation of a report on a Chinese news site:
Mil.huanqiu.com says in its report that China successfully conducted an ignition test of the second stage of its new heavy rocket the Changzheng-V (CZ-V), and has thus laid a sound foundation for the integrated drill and successful first flight of the rocket.
It ranks the first in Asia and the third in the world in its overall technology.
In developing the rocket, China has made breakthroughs in its ability to design, build and test the large rocket, which is 5 metres in diameter, with a 120-ton liquid oxygen-kerosene engine and a 50-ton liquid hydrogen-liquid oxygen engine.
There was also a large-scale test of the separation of the booster of the rocket.
China plans to conduct a test flight of the rocket in 2016 and use it to send the Change-V moon explorer for the third phase of its Lunar Exploration Program.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Changzheng-V rocket completes second-stage ignition test: It has twice greater loading capacity” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China develops large liquid hydrogen refrigeration device for space program, technology previously withheld by other countries (chinadailymail.com)
- U.S. wary of possible China island fortresses in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Cadence of Conflict: Asia, August 10, 2015 (chinadailymail.com)
- Cadence of Conflict: Asia, June 15, 2015 (chinadailymail.com)
- Cadence of Conflict: Asia, May 25, 2015 (chinadailymail.com)
- Power system of China’s Long March-5 rocket tested (wantchinatimes.com)
- China tests carrier rocket’s power system (spacedaily.com)
- China launches 2 satellites for independent navigation system (inform.kz)
- China’s devaluation triggers fears of a new round of currency wars (en.mercopress.com)
- In China, Women Hired To Motivate Computer Programmers (kotaku.com)